Sunday, August 12, 2012

A River Walk


We had a beautiful trip to Austin, Texas last week. 
We loved every minute we spent with Jason. We were also
lucky to be there with our daughter, Amanda. This time, we
flew into San Antonio. The price was so much lower, we were
able to rent a car for the difference. 
We stayed at the Crockett Hotel, on the recommendation of my friend,
Claudette - who stayed there this spring. They have lovely rooms that
overlook The Alamo and a wonderful continental breakfast.
 Isn't this great?
It was delicious too!
After resting a bit from our travels, we enjoyed the evening sun
and walked through the grounds of The Alamo.

We also spent hours strolling along The River Walk..
There was a warnm, dry breeze...

...the aroma of amazing food everywhere!


..and the music...


After two days in San Antonio, we drove with great anticipation to Austin.

Getting BIG family hugs was the best part of the week...
nothing tops that!


Wishing you much love, peace, and joy,
warm summer breezes,
and most importantly
knowing how much
you are loved by
an awesome
God!



13 comments:

  1. Maria, it sounds like a wonderful place to visit. And being with family tops it all.

    That Texas-shaped waffle IS unique.

    I like your reminder in the first picture to "Seize the Day".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to have familly arround you...love and blessings from me darling...nice to read you again !! welcome back !!...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, It has been too long since I have been for a good visit! I love all of your pictures of San Antonio. I really love that great sprawling city! You images were a lovely walk down memory lane for me.
    I hope all is well! Thank you for blessing my day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maria, to think you were just a half hour's drive away! It's all beautiful isn't it? I love, love, love the Alamo.
    I'm so glad you had a good visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being with family in a beautiful place...there is nothing better!
    Love the pics....ooh... the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MARIA!!!!! OH dear, what fun you must have had! My first entertain gig here at my home was with an old high school friend who flew in from San Antonio!!!! Then, my cousin from California just spent an entire week with me. I am back in Blogland and it is good to see YOU IN TEXAS!!!!!!! Oh we do serve an awesome GOD!

    Much love to you my friend, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful family! good for you!! sounds and looks like a wonderful time for all of you...lucky you!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Maria! Thank you so much for sharing these photos. We took our son and daughter to the Riverwalk in 1999 and seeing your pictures brought back many sweet memories.

    Thank you, too, for sharing your kitchen remodel with me. I'm overwhelmed and EVERYTHING is soooo expensive. :( We are pacing ourselves and hoping our CALM ENERGY :) and $ hold out!

    Love to you~Rebecca
    PS: Your kitchen is MY DREAM! GORGEOUS MY FRIEND! Just beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family time is the BEST time...we are off on our vacation soon with all the girls and our son-in-law...Banff here we come.
    Your trip looks like it was amazing.I will see you when we get home...I will be taking a blog break until then but will be having a giveaway while I am gone so please pop over. Hugs and love....school is fast approaching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. San Antonio is on our list of "must do as soon as my husband retires" trips. My parents went a few years ago and just loved it. We had some family time on our vacation too...isn't it great when it all works out that way! Your family picture is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Evening sweet friend...just coming over to say I will see you after our holiday...off we go tomorrow. xoxoxo
    Have a great few weeks. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great trip Maria! That band was awesome. I loved the music. So glad you had a wonderful time with your family. I will have all my children together this weekend. I'm so looking forward to it!
    Have you started school yet?
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely family ~ such is the Kingdom of God. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments add sunshine to my day~