Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Praise Tree


Dear friends and family,


Every Sunday,
we go up the Northway to church.

On the way, we pick up our son, Jason.
We meet our daughter & her fiancé,
and my sister & her family.


We truly enjoy the praise, the worship and message.

On the way home, between exits 2W and 2E
We pass a tree whose branches are lifted to the heavens.

I call it "The Praise Tree."

While browsing Chris and Jason's Adirondack camping photos,
I found this one...of Jason raising his hand with joy
surrounded by beauty and standing on a
king of the hill size rock.

I found quite a resemblance!

Praising man ~~~ Praising Tree

praise tree, jason

~ Happy Sunday to All ~

~Maria





8 comments:

  1. Your son and the tree certainly do have the same pose...plus, your praise tree fits the Joyce Kilmer poem "Trees"..."trees that lift their leafy arms to pray"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your post today...Praise God in all we say and do! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I love your sweet spirit Maria. Yes - the pictures are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful eye, Maria, and a mind that makes fantastic connections. I think you are definitely a right-brained person! I like thinking of you spending time with your family on Sundays - a great way to refresh your soul and strengthen your spirit for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved these photos Maria. Just the thought of making the connection was really great.
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing. I'm loving it! The picture of Jason is precious and don't you just know that all the other trees around the "praise tree" are so jealous. Tells you how I think-huh? smile

    Hope your week is uplifting and full of praise.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you caught the similar pose (does a tree pose?) and could capture it for the rest of us. You are blessed to be able to worship with your family. I miss that with my kids.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to what the others said so well! Father, let my posture today always be praise! Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments add sunshine to my day~