Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Springtime ~ we're calling!


Come
~*~ Spring ~*~

Come

The robins have returned
and are still a bit shy.
They aren't used to this bird lover-
paparazzi
who trades photos for seed.
I can't wait for their springtime adventures in my trees.
Right now
I'm content to watch them feast on the crabapple trees in my yard.
There's still lots of snow piled high...
and they're predicting light snow tomorrow & Thursday.

But I can feel that spring is on its way.

~ and then ~

Emily Dickinson
reminds me with her poetry.

A Light exists in Spring
Not present on the Year
At any other period —
When March is scarcely here

A Color stands abroad
On Solitary Fields
That Science cannot overtake
But Human Nature feels.

It waits upon the Lawn,
It shows the furthest Tree
Upon the furthest Slope you know
It almost speaks to you.

Then as Horizons step
Or Noons report away
Without the Formula of sound
It passes and we stay —

A quality of loss
Affecting our Content
As Trade had suddenly encroached
Upon a Sacrament.

Come
~*~ Spring ~*~

Come

We need you.

17 comments:

  1. Hello, dear Maria,
    Beautiful post! Yes, spring is just around the corner!! Thank you for sharing your little robin with us and also the lovely poem. I watch a pair of cardinals and bluejays at my feeder each day. I hope your week is filled with laughter and fun! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Maria, Spring-ish post today! The robin is such a sweetie. I've already spot a couple in our garden ... Beautiful poem too.
    Ring Ring ~ come on Spring!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday, sweet Maria.
    Saskia
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post thank you and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hear ya Maria, we are MORE then ready for spring!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post!

    I am calling out to Spring too. Hoping she will hear me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to see something turn green. All this brown grass and dead trees are too depressing. I'm certainly ready!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had at least 3 Robins that spent all winter, on a hillside by the creek near the house...either that or they came back in January.
    When the snow melts away, I'll be out searching for hints of green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria, You and I are on the same wavelength! I haven't seen a robin yet, but I am looking! I am soooooo in the mood for spring!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the poem...and I am waiting to see my first robin of spring..always love that! Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes!! i join you in welcoming spring. please come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maria darling, I am so ready for spring. This freezing weather and dry and snow covered garden does little to cheer me. Darling thanks so much for visiting my cottage and for the lovely comment you left behind, much appreciated.
    Take care

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  12. We sure do and its just around the corner. No robin yet though. :)
    Beautiful song. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. How tasteful and beautiful...
    Blessings as you I share spring with you...Watch for Friday's post. You won't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maria darling, it is me again, this time I popped in to personally thank you for the sweet birthday wishes you left for Christopher. We are both ever so grateful for you kindness.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks as though your Robin posed for that plate, Maria. Thanks for checking on me - I am well but had a week of company and no computer time. I love that poem...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the Emily Dickinson (I needed that) and the lovely plates of Shakespeare's robins.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments add sunshine to my day~